PasTim wrote:
> I'm not sure I really understand this, sorry. It's just getting too
> complicated for me.
>
> I have tried some tests on my Marantz.  It doesn't seem to accept 'raw'
> at all (I don't think it ever did).  However, something odd is
> happening.
>
> If I set it all to wav 96000 and play a 96000 track, 'No Higher' off,
> all is well - the log says it plays at 24/96000.  If I play a 192000
> track it claims to be transcoding from 48000 to 96000 (C3PO is not
> enabled).
> If I set 'No Higher' and play the 192000 track it says it's playing at
> 48000, no transcoding, but I get no sound.
> If I play the same 192000 track on my M1, it plays at 192000 and doesn't
> need to transcode (that rate is supported).
>
> I assume that my Marantz is saying 48000 is its max rate (that's what
> the manual says - wav 16/48000) and LMS gets to hear about it and is
> transcoding itself, or else the information of the log is not what I
> think it is.
>
> All a bit of a puzzle.  I can get things to play, so it's not a problem,
> but I don't understand what is happening.

oh well ... you did not understand because there was a bug and it did
not do what it was supposed to do. As a result, when "no higher was
set", the bridge was always sending in raw  mode even if wav was the
selected format. Version 1.2.0.2 should correct that ... getting there
one bug at a time

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5