I can't get Sugarcube to see the recipes.xml file (for MusicIP recipes).
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the specifics of the setup
discussed here, but I thought I'd start here.

According to 'this'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106958-Success-MusicIP-and-Spicefly-Sugarcube-running-on-Raspberry-Pi)
post, the recipes.xml files is supposed to be in the .MusicMagic
directory where also the default.m3lib is located. That is the case on
my system but in the Sugarcube plugin settings there are still no
recipes available at the "Optionally Add a MusicIP Recipe" dropdown
option.

What I have tried/looked at so far:
- restarted LMS
- restarted MusicIP
- checked file permissions: -rwxr-xr-x 1 christoph christoph    5628 Apr
12  2017 recipes.xml*
- created a recipes.xml file in the ~/MusicIP/recipes directory as well
as in ~/MusicIP

Where else might musicIP be looking for that file? Or how can I tell it
where it is?

*Server*: LMS 7.9.2 on an Ubuntu 18.04 home server
*Players*: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms
*Remote control apps*: iPeng (iOS), SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller
(Android)
*Important plugins*: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music,
Custom Browse, Spotty, Multi Library