pippin wrote:
> Its actually the order in which the server reports them. I tried sorting
> but it caused some kind of trouble, don't remember what it was, maybe I
> should try again....
>
> Within a sync group the topmost player is the master. I think this alone
> is already something that could make other sort orders hard since it
> means the position of the whole group would have to change if the master
> changes within a group... Which actually can happen quite easily, e.g.
> when you power off the previous master while the group is still
> playing.
>
> In the end I found it more important that you can see which players are
> synced and which ones are not, something the other Apps don't do.
>
> Will give alphabet sorting another try besides that rule.

Hi - I'm un-digging that post. I thought I asked the question as well
but cannot find. Would that be possible? I have a lot of players and the
lack of randomness is not very convenient. Of course, it's not just the
alphabetical absolute order, you want to sort by "masters" and then
slaves under each master should themselves be ordered.

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5