bstrulo wrote:
> I ran some more tests - changed the buffer fullness threshold to 100.
> Then I tried 2 minutes delay - the stream was rebuffering every few
> seconds.  Then set it back to 5 minutes and the stream is more or less
> OK - still rebuffering but far less often: once in 30 minutes of
> testing.
>
> Given that it is so easy for me to reproduce, completely solid at low
> delays, perhaps I could offer some diagnostic assistance?  I'm happy to
> run some extra logging or anything that would help.

Thanks for the offer but when this problem first appeared I did a lot of
work with another user with multiple special versions of socketwrapper.
Logging etc with standard installation changes the nature of the
problem.

I have not had many reports of the problem with i3 processors but
nearlky all i7 users which is why I characterise it as an issue with
high end system.

Given the rebuffering persist well after startup - I think you may have
a second network related issue which is being masked by the
socketwrapper one.  This could be local or ISP/CDN related.

Do you have any rebuffering problems with "Listen Again" ?

For example,  occasionally I get rebuffering "Listen Again" problems on
a Pi based system which normnally has no issues. The rebiffering usually
happens on weekends and seems to be related to CDN - so I put it down to
network/server upgrade/maintenance.  In some UK regions - CDN
servers/network seems to be overloaded as some users have persistent
problems (e.g. many "slow" packets logged) whereas others do not.

However until socketwrapper is sorted it will be hard to be defintiive.
I would suggest trying the "alt CDN" live menus to see if using a
different CDN helps otherwise use MP3 in the meantime.

Regarding the socketwrapper issue - I feel one part is an implicit timer
which once expired allows streams to play - so it is a case of staring
at code, looking at each line of MS Api documentation and a bit of
testing.

I'll post If I come up with a vetsion of socketwrapper that seems to be
worth testing.  Unfortunately I cannot give the issue much time this
week.