Owen Smith wrote:
> Space at a premium? Really? I find these days audio is so small compared
> to other things (video, lots of photos etc) that the size of audio is
> barely worth considering. I just don't bother counting audio when I do
> size calculations.
Just trying to get into the Beeb's head.  Maybe assumed users will
download a whole series and it is expected that phones are already full
of games, apps and photos   Podcast are aimed at being downloaded so
perhaps time taken to download, on mobile network even in areas with
poor signal on a budget phone with little memory.  All we can do is
guess assuming there was actually a rationale or perhaps it was just a
manager who remembers their first MP3 files.