mherger wrote:
> Ok, ok, got a new theory on the skipping issue. Bill's and Rebecca's
> announcements are no longer part of a larger segment of audio, but
> sometimes come as their own short sound snippet. I've seen one as short
>
> as 4 seconds. And I have some fuzzy logic built in which would act on 5s
>
> offset of whatever. I would not be surprised if such a short snippet
> would confuse my logic.
>
> Could all of you who experience this issue often tell me what kind of
> player you're using? The skipping could be related to audio buffer size.
>
> Which would explain why I hardly ever experienced it on my Transporter.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I am using SB Touches exclusively. I have 6 total in various rooms of
the house, and at least 2 are synced at all times. However, for me at
least, the "skipping" is NOT sync related (i.e., I've unsynced players,
and have done even so far as to test with only a single SB Touch on the
network). BTW, this is with the Main FLAC mix. On very rare occasions, I
can get through a ~10 min block uninterrupted. Usually, though, the 2nd
or 3rd song ends prematurely. Lately I've been listening to the 320 MP3
stream so my memory of the details is getting a bit fuzzy. I will do my
best to have another go at the FLAC stream(s) and make a detailed log of
what I observe at the first opportunity I get (may not be for a few days
though).