Mycroft https://mycroft.ai/ is an open source assistant similar to
Amazon Echo and Google Home. They sell complete hardware such as the
Mark I (which I have) and someday the Mark II, but you can build them
from commodity hardware as well https://mycroft.ai/get-mycroft/
including ready made raspberry pi images.

The product is pretty good, not nearly as polished in terms of the
usual parlor tricks such as weather, celebrity ages, etc, and has a
skill .

Johan Palmqvist has written a skill to control the squeezebox server
https://github.com/johanpalmqvist/skill-squeezebox which I'm happy to
say works, for my use, pretty well.

The skill does download all the music data to the local device so the
software can parse through the data when you ask to play something. This
didn't work for me, since my library is pretty large and tags aren't all
in the best of shape, but Johan made an option to not download the
library data so you can just use it to navigate playlists, favorites and
such as well as manage the player states, which I have been testing and
works well.

If you're looking for a way to control the squeezebox via voice I would
encourage you to check it out.