It's not for everyone to be sure, but its nice to have alternatives to
the big guys, and kind of analogous to the squeezebox ecosystem for me
at least in terms of upfront pain and occasional troubleshooting not to
be tethered to whims of others. In as much as I can't really recommend
new people to try LMS since it really requires a fair amount of
dedication and, at this point, historical context, I think the same is
true in a different way for mycroft. If its not your thing I would just
move on. There are a couple of alternatives I considered such as snips
https://snips.ai/

I just wanted something which would keep me from looking at a screen to
manage my squeezebox and this is a start.