pippin wrote:
> I wouldn’t see ow that should work.
> If your audiobooks are not alphabetically sorted, iPeng should not show
> an a-z index but a numerical,one (or just dots) that breaks down the
> list into chunks of 25 items.
> IF the list is alphabetically sorted, how should iPeng know that in this
> particular case it should not use the alphabet index but some other
> criterion (which is also probably specific to your use case)?

An album title looks like this:

"Die ??? - 028 - und der Doppelgänger"

I wanted to keep these albums together when browsing all albums. Without
the series name in the title, "028 - und der Doppelgänger", the album
would end up between different kinds of albums.

But maybe I'll change that.

pippin wrote:
> For its own menus, iPeng does already go to some length to try to find a
> better index, like a.g. Skipping initial letters under certain
> circumstances.
>
> But in addition to that.... in many cases the indexes are provided by
> LMS which generally knows better how the list is sorted and how the
> sorting got created.

Ok, I just thought, because iPeng knows all the titles before they are
displayed, it could filter out everything before ### (if it's the same
for all albums in the list) and then use the numerical index instead. It
could check the first x albums and if they are named in the same scheme
([SERIES] ### [something]), check all of them and then use 25 chunks or
whatever.

But I think I'll just change the album titles. It was just a thought. :)

QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4