RobbH wrote:
> It's very much an issue for me! Not that that's a reason for you to
> change your plans. I see tags and file structure as alternatives that
> provide ways to achieve different aims. Here's a post I just added in
> the Ripping...Tagging forum about a way to access the individual albums
> contained in a box set, while still being able to play the discs as they
> are sequenced in the box set, without having to have multiple copies of
> the files:
>
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108121-multiple-album-for-a-track&p=941396&viewfull=1#post941396
>
> The td;dr on that is that you use tags to put the original albums in the
> LMS database, while drilling down through the Music Folder structure
> provides easy access to the box set discs.

OK, for the next release (0.7.3) I've re-added "Music folder" to the
"More" section. *But* I'm using the "readdirectory" command instead,
which is *much* faster. This however has a few differences

- if you have more than 1 media-folder, then all of these will be
  listed under "Music folder", if you only have 1 media folder its
  contents will be listed
- There is no meta-data, so only folder and filenames are listed
- No covers will be shown
- Only music files, and folders, will be shown. To detect music files
  I filter on file extension

This seems like a reasonable compromise to me, agree? As stated, it is
much faster.