This is a great piece of software. Thanks!

I have one question and two suggestions:

(1)  Question:  I have successfully set up a menu using
customscan/custombrowse that narrows from Artistlist to
Artist/Albumlist to Artist/Album/Conductorlist to
Artist/Album/Conductor/Songlist.  That is a four-step narrowing of
songs.

After narrowing songs in this manner, I’d like to be able to click on a
song from step 4 and get a CDlist (I have a tag called “CD” and in my
case only one CD would match a particular Artist/Album/Conductor/Song),
and then click on a CD (the only CD in my case) to get a songlist.  That
is, the final two steps would be  Artist/Album/Conductor/Song/CDlist and
Artist/Album/Conductor/Song/CD/songlist.

Is this possible?  I think it would be very useful for classical
collections.  Most people advocate organizing classical by works rather
than CDs.  For example, I have a CD that includes Beethoven’s 4th and
5th symphonies with conductor Ferencsik.  I have divided the CD into
two albums, one for the 4th and one for the 5th.  However, I’m thinking
there will be instances when I want to play the CD in its entirety.  I
might narrow down to the songs in Beethoven’s 5th conducted by
Ferenscik and at that point wonder what CD it is from.  I could then
click on any of the 4 songs (movements) of the 5th and have the CD
revealed.  And if I want to play the CD, I could then click on the CD
to get all the songs on the CD.

2. Suggestion:  With regard to 4-step narrowing of songs referred to
above, the conductorlist does not include “none.”  Would it be possible
to include a “none" category for each customtag?  This would be helpful
for identifying missing tags.

3. Suggestion:  It might be helpful to point out that the 4-step
narrowing scheme I alluded to above requires that artist, album, and
conductor be included in the list of custom tags to be scanned by
customscan.  I initially assumed that because the standard slimserver
software scans artist and album, it wasn’t necessary to specify them as
custom tags.

Thanks again for writing these programs.

Randy

--
rmariger