pippin wrote:
> If you have many players, the Synology might be too slow to sync them
> all together, especially since iPeng has a somewhat different timing
> than other Squeezebox devices (it uses a larger buffer and also the iOS
> timing is different).
> It’s the server‘s responsibility to calculate all the stream offsets and
> manage the timing so it’s a bit of work.
> One other important thing: I would make sure the Synology is not on WiFi
> but wired to a router, that helps a lot with performanceMmm... I've done some
> further testing using both LMS 7.9.2 running on
the Synology NAS (as detailed in my post above) and with my other
server, LMS 7.9.1, running under Debian Stretch on a Dell laptop -
details
as follows:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:25:29
CEST 2018
Hostname: inspiron1720
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.24.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

It turns out that the issue is unrelated to the system that LMS is
running on. It has to do with Spotty: when playing a Spotify stream
synced between my SB2s and iPeng, I cannot 'jump to next track' — I get
a message 'waiting for sync' on the SB screen, and the stream only
starts playing again if I stop and restart iPeng on my iPad. This
happens with LMS running on the Debian laptop and the Synology NAS.
(Spotty is v2.8.3 on both systems.)

But when I play a stream from my local music library on either system,
again with the SB2s and iPeng (iPad) synced, I can 'jump to next track'
without difficulty, and the stream keeps playing. So the issue is
specific to Spotty.

Is there some problem between iPeng and Spotty? (Or should I ask Michael
if something has change in Spotty / the Spotify API?)

Any suggestions about how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!