rgdawson wrote:
> SLX defaults to the player that was selected previously.  In other
> words, it remembers the player (along with window position, size) when
> it closes, and then applies that the next time it starts.  I completely
> understand the scenario you describe.  Heck, I have done it myself.
>
> Some people use SLX only as a controller, and for these remembering the
> player is a good thing.  Maybe what I should do is default to local
> player if the local player is enabled, and default to remembered player
> otherwise.
>
> Opinions?
>
> R Greg Dawson

That could help with another problem I've experienced, though I've
solved it in my own way. If SLX cannot find the previously-selected
player, it currently defaults to the top player in the list. This
happens with local and group players.

One time when I'd accidentally left my local DAC turned off, SLX
defaulted to the "Basement" player at the top of the Standard Players
list, and startled someone down there. Another time when it lost track
of a group player it defaulted to my "All" group at the top of the Group
Players list, and awakened my spouse in the bedroom.

As player names are sorted by ASCII, my solution has been to simply put
a period (.) in front of my preferred local and group player names: my
office desktop SLX, and a group player that contains only my office
desktop SLX.

LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on
Android
Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop
and HTPC