Jeddie wrote:
> Running LMS ver 7.9.1 on Desktop PC (Win 10) and MS on phone. Desktop is
> connected to modem/router via ethernet cable.
>
> On several occasions during listening session MS becomes unresponsive
> and a red bar appears at the top of phone saying ‘Lost Player’ or
> similar.

It'll be 'Lost Connection' - which means Material has lost its
connection with LMS. What should happen is that the top-right menu
button is replaced with a red warning triangle initailly. This is when
the connection was 1st lost. Material will attempt to auto-reconnect.
But if you click that button, the message you see will appear (so as to
give info as to why its there). If Material can reconnect, then it will
revert to normal. If it can't reconnect, a full-page dialog is shown
stating the connection has been lost, with a 'Reconnect' button.

Jeddie wrote:

> What causes this? Is it a wifi issue? MS issue?

As stated, in the message "Lost connection"

I've never seen this happen on my Laptop (via WiFi), but occasionally on
my Android phone. I suspect Android drops the WiFi connection now and
again when the screen is off, or something similar.