bpa wrote:
> Good that you found a solution.

Me too, thanks for all your help!!!

bpa wrote:
> You needn't have copied and renamed sox - you can use "[sox]" instead of
> "[wavin2cmd]" and LMS will search all its "Bin" path for sox.exe and
> should find it in the main LMS Bin path.  That'll make it easier for you
> to maintain  - just need keep a copy of the custom-convert.conf file if
> plugins get re-installed

Worked wonderfully! Thanks again!

bpa wrote:
> AFAIK When plugin was written sox, ffmpeg, vlc  etc. all were very
> limited on Windows and a custom application was needed to deal with
> "Stereo Mix" input even VAC was not around.  Now there are many
> alternative solutions (e.g. streamwhatyouhear).
>
> The original author posted the plugin and left it as is.  After a LMS
> update broke the Perl part, I did the small maintenance update but
> otherwise have nothing with it as I don't use Windows and nobody else
> seemed to want to maintain it but every so often someone needed it.

Appreciate your effort then and now! With the increasing onset of hi-res
streaming services WaveInput's popularity wil probably be increasing
again. It was just a suggestion - for you, me if get better at this in
the future, or anyone else - since we've now found that wavin2cmd.exe
doesn't really support 24bit very on windows and is not really needed
anymore when sox is included and used in LMS, with its larger
capabilities and still ongoing support.

bpa wrote:
> There are quite of a few of these "orphan" plugins now as there are
> fewer users who develop/maintain. This is a community project - if you
> feel the plugin needs to be updated - create an updated version.

I would if I could, but unsuccessfully spending many hours studying the
plugin scripts and custom-convert.conf rules trying to get $FILE$ or any
other variables to output only the channel # and not the full "wavein:#"
string to be used in a favorite entry for choosing the audio device
number, proves that I'm just not competent enough yet... Anyhow, as this
and many other -orphaned or not - plugins still are working with various
user configurations, like this one, I guess the need isn't urgent
enough.

bpa wrote:
> I am not a Tidal issue but IIRC it has been investigated. I thought the
> main problem is Tidal can't/won't supply a MQA stream on the API LMS
> uses.
You're probably right. Would still be nice if @mherger &co had released
a new local and better integrated solution, like Spotty, for Tidal with
MQA on updated API, though. I would definitely have paid for it, and
we're allowed to dream and believe in Santa Claus, aren't we? ;-)

Thanks for all your great help, bpa!

Br,
Vegard