Vegz78 wrote:
> I would if I could, but unsuccessfully spending many hours studying the
> plugin scripts and custom-convert.conf rules trying to get $FILE$ or any
> other variables to output only the channel # and not the full "wavein:#"
> string to be used in a favorite entry for choosing the audio device
> number, proves that I'm just not competent enough yet... Anyhow, as this
> and many other -orphaned or not - plugins still are working with various
> user configurations, like this one, I guess the need isn't urgent
> enough.

Ask technical questions but include also describe the ultimate goal -
there are many users who have found solutions to problem and are willing
to share.  Vague questions like "xxx doesn't work" can be offputting as
it usually means someone at the bottom of the learning curve.  Details
provide reassurance.

> You're probably right. Would still be nice if @mherger &co had released
> a new local and better integrated solution, like Spotty, for Tidal with
> MQA on updated API, though. I would definitely have paid for it, and
> we're allowed to dream and believe in Santa Claus, aren't we? ;-)

Be grateful that Logitech still provides lots of services and Michael's
time - many years after end of life and no revenue. Howver Michael's
time is limited and so has to allocate time doing the work which is most
urgent and/or benefits most users.

The Tidal problem is with the MQA crowd - they are the ones who won't
provide access. IIRC Spotty came about because Spotify withdrew old
library support - so it was necessary to develop Spotty otherwise there
would be no Spotify.  Again there is nothing stopping you developing
your own better Tidal solution.