philchillbill wrote:
> Here's an updated ngrok setup instruction which I will add to the online
> instructions. It runs ngrok in the background so putty can be closed and
> it avoids the ctrl-c issue when trying to copy the assigned tunnel
> subdomain.
>
> I'm going to delete the whole reference to serveo. It was only there to
> support people running on NAS who cannot run ngrok on their LMS machine
> itself. You can, however, run ngrok on a different machine and point it
> to LMS. You need a spare Pi for this, for example, but it's much more
> robust and secure than serveo and addresses all platforms. Plus, you can
> leave that Pi running forever to keep the same assigned ngrok
> subdomain.
>
> If ngrok is on the *same *machine as LMS, at a command prompt type:
>
> ngrok http -auth "user:password" 9000 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
>
> If ngrok is on a *different *machine, point it to LMS by typing:
>
> ngrok http -auth "user:password" 192.168.x.y:9000 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
>
> The ngrok service will start silently and run in the background due to
> the '&' at the end.
> To find our assigned tunnel subdomain, we can query the ngrok web UI at
> port 4040 for the public_url entry by typing
>
> curl http://localhost:4040/api/tunnels | grep -Po https://.+?\.io
>
> The result will look something like https://19279a3a.ngrok.io
>
> Hope this is clear(er)?

Much clearer but you do need to mention that ngrok needs to be installed
correctly to /usr/bin - the install instructions at ngrok seem to ignore
this hence everything is referenced as ./ngrok - it wouldn't matter if
you aren't trying to run at startup but since we are ....

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng