cpd73 wrote:
> I agree they would be nicer there, but (AFAIK) this is currently
> impossible - as these actions are only shown once you click on the
> item.
>
> @Michael, I take it I'm correct? If so, perhaps enhancing the JSON API
> might help? e.g. if a client passed (e.g.) "sofware-controller:1" to API
> calls, then the app would know this is not a hardware player, but a
> software control point (e.g Material, iPeng, etc) - and could pass extra
> per-item actions? These could the be added to the context menu.

I'd like to ask about this issue again, since I'm not sure what the
possibilities are now.  The fuller context is here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109624-Announce-Material-Skin&p=947874&viewfull=1#post947874

The UI has actually gotten worse since recent updates to Material - now
it requires even more clicks to simply delete an entry (there's a new
More pop-up menu).  See video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y72177z1vpyh15/delete.mp4?dl=0

TIA