mherger wrote:
> > I have no chance with using Spotty since last Summer. After numerous
> > restarts I have succeed to install the plugin. However, now the LMS
> > crashes when I try to enter the spotify credentials at the parameters
> > page, I see the following in the server.log:
>
> What OS are you using? What hardware? Network configuration?
>

> > [19-10-25 18:14:18.1582] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (75)
> > Authorization failed : called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os
> {
> > code: 110, kind: TimedOut, message: "Operation timed out" } : thread
> > 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os {
> > code: 110, kind: TimedOut, message: "Operation timed out" }',
> > src/libcore/result.rs:997:5
> > note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a
> > backtrace.
>
> Might be a firewall or something blocking outgoing connections?
>
> --
>
> Michael

It might also be the same problem I had with my bridges: when using low
bitrate formats, the client buffers a lot of audio at first and then,
depending on high/low watermark, it might be a while before they request
another chunk. The *server* side thinks that the socket is dead and
closes it. So it's not the fault of the client, but the WDT is on the
server.

More precisely, it happened during track switch where the next track
caused a sudden data inrush (while the current one was still playing)
but there would be no more request for data untill the current track has
finished. I realize it might be specific to my plugin, though. Here is
my comment in slimproto

Code:
--------------------

                         Streaming services like Deezer or RP plugin close
connection if
                         stalled for too long (30s), so if STMd is sent too
early, once the
                         outputbuf is filled, connection will be idle for a
while, so need
                         to wait a bit toward the end of the track before
sending STMd.

One option might be to use pcm and not ogg, so that there is not such a
big data inrush

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5