I'm wondering if I've screwed something up or if there's some Spotify
content that they won't share to external devices or if there's some
other issue?

Podcasts aren't working (yet). And I guess the NPR content might be "episodes" of a podcast.

I'm working on Podcasts right now, and hope to have something in a few days. Can't say how well that will work yet, as none of this is documented by Spotify. But I'm sure you'll tell me :-)

Unfortunately I depend on Richard to compile new binaries for BSD before this will be available to you. I'll probably ping him soon.

--

Michael