rbl wrote:
> - I am in the UK, and I'm using a UK VPN. The VPN is meant to get around
> BBC iPlayer by playing whackamole, but that doesn't seem to work for
> this.

Don't understand why are using a UK VPN from the UK to access the UK ?

First - Most standard VPN advice about using BBC iPlayer is referencing
TV. This is NOT the same as BBC iPlayer Radio.
Second- BBC uses CDNs so the bbc.co.uk URLS immediately redirect to
akamai or limelight URLs to DASH or HLS stream audio.

The BBCiPlayer plugin uses akamai URLs but the Limelight URLs are
available under the "alt CDN" menus.  Some non UK users have found using
the Limelight CDN URL works whereas the Akamai ones don't.

A better explanation of what you are trying to do would help.  Without
research could IPVanish and cyberGhost just be smartDNS as you have to
add exceptions.