wt0 wrote:
> Ok, it only happens with mp3's, not flac's and it happens not long after
> the device goes to sleep. SB Player uses it's own decoder for FLAC and
> the system's decoder for MP3. My guess is that Android 10 has gotten
> more aggressive with it's power saving and is shutting down the decoder
> when it sleeps.  This would explain why the output buffer is empty while
> the input buffer still has data.
>
> I'll check in the Android docs to see if this behavior can be
> programmatically disabled, but there's a good chance it cannot be.
> Google has a history of breaking things in updates.
>
> Since the MP3 patents have expired, I can legally use a 3rd party
> decoder now, so that may be the route I'll have to go.
>
> BTW, this will probably happen with OGG and AAC too, since those use the
> same system decoder. It doesn't affect Squeeze Player since it uses it's
> own native code decoder.

I'm wondering if this has been resolved. Has it? I've had luck switching
to a combo of Squeeze Control with Squeezeplayer (instead of SB Player).
I'd like to go back to SB Player.

Also, on my tablet, which I just use with Squeeze Control for
controlling a Touch, a LOT of the text and icons is suddenly very
small...too small. I'm using 2.1.6. I don't know if that's a new update.