pettifoggery wrote:
> I know that people might have issues with the subscription model or find
> that at present Volumio doesn’t quite compare to the far more mature
> LMS, but I think it’s worth considering that the people behind Volumio
> are trying to create something with long-term sustainability. Something
> that will be around in ten or more years....

Not being a developer, there's not much I can add to the main topic of
discussion here, but I'd like wish best of luck to the people behind
Volumio as they strive for long-term sustainability. And best of luck to
you, too, in your efforts to recruit developers to the music platform of
your choice. However, judging by the comments made by genuine developers
in this thread, it might make more sense to focus on recruiting users,
with the expectation that some of them will decide to become developers.
I am not trying to pettifog you with that suggestion!

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired