bpa wrote:
> As there are now two feeds, the coding has twice the complexity - so
> that it is necessary to take time considering the "best" solution.

I don't know if RadioVIS is in your pot of things to consider. On a
whim, I resurrected it yesterday.

It does seem to be working (with a few small changes) - certainly
current track and artist can be extracted from the text messages
(indicated by a "Now Playing" formatted message). The relevant
connection information is still held within menu.opml.

There would need to be changes, for example to handle skip-back, and I
suspect that metadata would need to be merged somehow into the existing
"On Air" approach, which I have not studied.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I've attached my proof of concept patch,
which may or may not be useful.

|Filename: 0001-Reinstate-Radiovis-metadata-as-an-option-alongside-O.patch.txt|
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30289|