FolK wrote:
> OK same machine, I thought maybe LMS was still in the midst of
> initialization when squeezelight asked it for a handshake ( the ducks in
> a row thing) Squeezelight was installed via powershell, Im using W10
> LTSC so it doesnt have the store or any of the other "goodies" that w10
> normally bloats your machine with, so to install apps you get the
> developers pack & then they can be installed via powershell. With
> squeezelight running the machine will not sleep at all unless because
> the player is always on and lms has the keep alive option checked so not
> the issue. I tried disabling sleep in case that might have something to
> do wit it but nada. After the machine is going if you go to squeezelight
> options and hit Apply, even without changing any of them, it fires right
> up, and works fine. With auto start disabled, letting the machine star
> and then manually starting squeezelight it works fine. What I'm going
> for here is a stand alone front end that can be switched on and
> controlled remotely (via the 9000 port) but doesn't need any user
> interaction other than hitting the power button to get going (so no
> monitor needed to see whats going on on startup). To this end I also
> have windows booting automatically into an admin account, I know its a
> no no but meh, which means all startup stuff flies pretty quick, thats
> why I thought maybe LMS wasn't ready for squeezelight.

OK, gotcha.  Yes, I think the issue is that LMS need to get going first,
so you need to delay the startup of Squeezelite-X.

Squeezelite-X has an autostarter application that runs on startup,
checks to see if the autostart option is set, and if so it starts
Squeezelite-X.  That is the thing that needs to be delayed.  There are
various utilities that do this sort of thing.

You may also choose to use the lagacy installer, the non-Windows Store
version.  It id pretty much identacle, but has a traditional installer
(that requires admin privileges to install.)  One difference is that the
autostarter app is located in the Startup folder in the legacy installer
and it is located in the application folder for the MS Store version
(which you do not have access to).  Without the MS Store on your device,
you are not getting any automatic updates anyway. It might end up being
easier with the legacy installer.

But, at the end of the day, you have diagnosed the problem correctly.
LMS must be up and running or it won't respond to discovery protocols or
telnet connections, or anything, obviously.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X