HeadBanger wrote:
> I do hope that it’s not the end.
>
> I know next to zero about programming so forgive the following question
> if it is stupid.
>
> If Synology do update Perl, could LMS not be updated to use the new
> version of Perl too? Or is that a very complex job?
>
> HB
In LMS there are several CPAN modules and their version should be in
line with the version of the installed Perl. If Synology updates, you
would run in all sorts of issues, or LMS woundn't even be able to start.
IMO it isn't worth the hassle to see if it is possible to get LMS up and
running after a Perl update. There are some reasonable alternatives ;-)

We will see what happens on the 1st of July. Worst case: Synology
planned a Perl update, and won't update LMS anymore because of that. If
they don't update Perl on the 1st of July, we still have at least half a
year before they do (if they do).

-DS718+, RPI 2 ('Spotifyd'
(https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd)/'myMPD'
(https://jcorporation.github.io/myMPD/)),Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC
FB1i-s -'LmsRepack + LmsUpdate'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111876-LmsUpdate-and-LmsRepack-Synology-8-0-*-packages)
- Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 8.0.0 for Synology.