mherger wrote:
> > I don’t want to add another piece of hardware just to run LMS. I
> suspect
> > like most people they too just want their NAS to run LMS otherwise it
> > kind of defeats the object of having a central server plus it’s
> also
> > another bit of equipment to maintain.
>
> NAS means "Network Attached Storage". Strictly speaking it's not the
> purpose of a storage device to run all kinds of services :-).
>
> > @MHerger - do you see any other solution to enable LMS to keep
> running
> > should the Synology CPAN modules become incompatible?
>
> Just keep using it. It's working. Nobody has confirmed it will stop
> working. So why worry? Let's try to solve the problem when there is a
> problem.
>
> --
>
> Michael

OK thanks. I know I shouldn’t worry yet but can’t help it 😒

Although Synology refer time their DiskStations as NASs (as they can
just add storage over a network) they are actually servers which are
capable of running many, many applications and even virtual working
environments.

HB

1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology
DS2419+ and LMS 8.0.0 (pinkdot)