Several "Access Rate limit exceeded" error this weekend for me (using
LMS 7.9.3) with Windows 10

yep, have seen this, too. I've seen an increase of requests of about 50% over the past few days :-(

Stopping and restarting the server works for just 1-2 tracks... any
workaround for this?

You could get your own client ID by going to https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard/login and enter it in the Spotty settings.

Is this because too many people are using Spotty (if I understand the
meaning of 'this post'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111923-Announce-Spotty-4-0-integrate-local-library-with-your-Spotify-collection-(LMS-8-)&p=970675&viewfull=1#post970675))?

Too many users, or some bug triggering crazy number of requests. I guess it's a combination of the two. When this happens I usually see a massive increase of some random requests. Eg. a few days ago I saw a 12-15x increase of "pause" requests (we're talking about hundreds of thousands of those!). Totally doesn't make sense. But as this has happened a few weeks ago already, I must assume there's a bug triggering this.

--

Michael