Cut-Throat wrote:
> OK, thanks! --- So, this is just a manual startup of a Similar Playlist
> (start each Player Manually) or is there another way to accomplish this
> automatically?

For all players in a sync group, LMS sends a start request with an
identical time of start and then optionally maintains synchronization by
sending small adjustments based on elapsed time reported by each player.
For real SB, the "identical time of start" works, for CC and UPnP, these
bridges don't care about the time of start, so they start immediately.
Knowing that it takes them ~2s to start and that LMS normally do not
send a start time more than 2s in the future, this is why you get ~2s
accuracy in start time. The bridges do not report elapsed time correctly
that's why if you try to maintain sync, it will end up bad.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that from LMS point of view, it's not
a "manual startup of a similar playlist", it's just the normal "start
each track in sync but don't maintain during track playback" mode. Hope
this makes sense. Are you trying to accomplish something specific?

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3