bpa wrote:
> Radionet , Radio player and Tunes are not broadcasters - they are
> directories.  They all direct a player to the station URL's
>
> Radio.net does not contribute anything additional - no extra metadata.
> No centralised metadata feed.  So it can add station without any
> additional effort since no metadata to supply.. (edit: for selected
> stations some metadata can be added)
>
> Tunein is a directory that can adds metadata in terms of content being
> played.
>
> Radioplayer is similar but different - it tries to be a centralised
> single player.  Hard to see differences sometimes. Radioplayer also has
> centralised metadata through common source but not instream of station
> URL - so usually requires Radioplayer App to see RadioPlayer provided
> data.

Sorry for the stupid question of a neebee. How can I install radionet
plugin ?

What I have tried so far ?

The plugin page of my Logitech Media Server has no radionet plugin
listed. So I have tried to add an additional repository based on the
information in this forum but got the message
"https://bpa-code.github.io/bpaplugins/radionet-repo.xml - Couldn't
resolve IP address for: bpa-code.github.io" I have the plugin list from
the standard repository and in addition the Michael's Slim Stuff
repository which is also working. I have tried several other repository
adresses but they did not work. When I look at the 3rd party software
list at my Squeezebox Touch there is no radionet plugin. How can I
install the radionet plugin ?

I use Logitech Media Server 7.92 on a raspberry pi 4, which was the only
version of LMS for which I found an installation guide for raspberry pi.
I hear my music with a Squeezebox Touch and a Squeezebox Radio.

Best regards in advance for your help !!!

Carsten