bpa wrote:
> Things don't look good. I'm not at home now so relying on memory.
> 1. 7.9.0 is very old and IIRC does not provide info about
> IO::Socket::SSL in WebGUI/Settings/Information.
> 2. Any 7.9.0 SSL/TLS support is likely to be too old (maybe TLS 1.0 but
> not newer) and now not allowed by most sites (i.e.pre Heartbleed)
> 3. I moved plugin respository to github from sourcefoirge because sf
> gave many many problems.   github may now require use of https to
> download the plugin ZIP itself.  The pointer to this respository is part
> of "LMS 3rd parties" and may use http to get the list of plugins.
> 4. The release repository URL will point to 2.8 - it does not have
> version control and does not allow access to earlier version.
> 5. Do you have a test PlayHLS repository URL for 2.2 in WebUI
> Settings/Plugins but I think 2.8 will supercede so may explain the
> behaviour.

I see. Given that there aren't that many updates for PlayHLS, perhaps I
could help you host the latest set of files?

*RadioFeeds UK & Ireland..* an up-to-date radio directory for your
Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the
mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC *and the BBC's
high-quality HLS streams* on top of what's available in our MSB app.
-Now with over 1000 registered users-, it's available for Logitech Media
Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
Click for more info: *http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze*