I have tried running  "ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 90" before the updater
script with no success.  Interestingly, if I increase the sleep time to
anything beyond 90s (e.g. 2m), the ngrok web gui is not accessible.  I
understand your "EDIT", but is it possible there is some interaction
between the "sleep" and the "Restartsec" times that results in the
behavior I am seeing? Regardless, I am still able to get things working
by manually running the updater script several minutes after rebooting.
Not as elegant as having the updater do its thing, but certainly faster
than using the Alexa app.