slartibartfast wrote:
> Does this mean the step by step instructions are guaranteed not to work
> on a Pi? I haven't actually tried a reboot since adding the updater. I
> seem to remember adding a command to restart LMS after a time delay to
> rc.local to ensure MusicIP started before LMS.

I would not say guaranteed to fail. I've seen pi systemd issues on maybe
20% of reboots (on other projects). The thing is, once the pi is
properly 'up' from a networking perspective (and that includes having an
assigned IP address) then no delays at all are needed. So 'sudo
systemctl restart ngrok.service' would work with no delays in it at all,
every time. The problem is what to do when this runs at system boot,
where services start asynchronously rather than serially so every boot
is different and things have to wait for each other differently each
time.

A longer *ExecStartPre *sleep period as mentioned in my docs has the
advantage of also delaying the ngrok start itself and not just the
updater script. I'd advise (for those with problems) to set this to 90
secs, to set *ExecStartPost *sleep to 5 secs before the updater script
then runs, and to set *RestartSec *to something like 300. Then there
will be no conflicts and it should all work every time.