My understanding of that check box is that if your connect devices are
logged in to the same Spotify account as the Spotify app then they
should show up as devices whether the box is checked or not. Checking
the box stops your devices showing up as devices in someone else's
Spotify app.

That's completely different understanding that mine :)

But he's right.

In my setup, all Sonos speakers are logged to my "main" account. Spotty
was also logged to this "main" account.

If Sonos can do Spotify Connect, why would you want to expose them through LMS again?!? Sonos' Connect mode should be much more robust and reliable than Spotty's.

--

Michael