The metadata is not expected as part of the stream but via the separate
audioItem.metadata object. It's what I use currently to display a static
image during streaming. It would be up to the skill to refresh that when
a title change happens. To do that, the PlaybackNearlyFinished directive
from Alexa could be used to trigger the Lambda function to provide the
new metadata. Alexa will only send that directive to the skill when the
stream is close to ending, meaning it would not work with a continuous
stream. Remember, skills are event-triggered and cannot just interact
with an Echo at will. So e.g. playing an album would have to map to
playing a number of finite streams consecutively, where each
song/track/title is a stream that ends when a new title is to be played.
We cannot simply change the metadata and provide a new token from the
pls file.

Amazon says "This entire object is optional. However, if you do include
audioItem.metadata, it is recommended that you provide all four metadata
properties (title, subtitle, art, and backgroundImage).
Associate each new metadata item with a different
audioItem.stream.token."

Do we know how many /stream.mp3 network client players can be handled at
once? Right now, the skill assumes just one (called 'Alexa') and it gets
assigned to the first Echo that issues a stream command. If, on a second
Echo, you say "Alexa, tell MediaServer to resume" it will also play that
stream but unfortunately not in sync.

For starters, it would be fine just to assume a single Echo bridge
called Alexa and get that working first with metadata updating on
song-change. That way, there's no need for the bridge to know the names
of all a user's Echos.