Currently, I don't -discover -the Alexaplayer but -create -it
deliberately. Only one is created, regardless of how many physical Echos
a user has. When the user issues a 'Stream' command, I perform a GET to
"/stream.mp3?player=Alexa" which creates a network client in LMS which I
then control via jsonrpc.js (using a playerid of 'Alexa' suffices, no
need for spoofed MAC). Using Amazon's AudioPlayer interface, the skill
tells the Echo to fetch a https stream which ultimately points to the
http /stream.mp3 on the local LMS via a PLS playlist. And thus the audio
playing on that network client is heard on the Echo.

An Echo is assigned a deviceId when a skill is linked and that is
permanant per Echo but does change if the user disables and then
re-enables the skill (for security). So I do know which Echo the user is
talking to, but I cannot direct the audio stream to a different deviceId
than the current Echo (Amazon does not support this in the interface).
That's why there's not a whole lot of use in pre-discovering all the
Echos somebody has.

Simplest approach IMHO would be having a command available *via
jsonrpc.js* that would create a starved network client when needed and
make its mp3 audio available via something like the /stream.mp3 route.