I'm not suggesting that the player necessarily has to be permanently
visible.
I use Philippe's bridge for UPnP.
I have it set so that the LMS player only appears when the UPnP device
is switched on and has been detected.
I know that play cannot be initiated from outside of the Alexa voice
command/skill (not 100% true but near enough - e.g. some are using web
commands to make Alexa perform text to speech functions).

However, today, the bridge maintains its own list of detected devices
and they can be configured within the constraints of the plugin (not as
an LMS player).
Perhaps no per device configuration will be required within the bridge
since so little can be adjusted from outside however, I was describing
ways that things could work like the other bridges do it already.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland