For a while now, recent squeezelite versions no longer support native
WMA formats.  Squeezelite-X has been including the last version of
squeezelite-win that was built with ffmpeg and therefore included WMA
support.  The next version of Squeezelite-X will be delivered with the
current version of squeezelite-win (without WMA support).  If your
Logitech Media Player is running on Windows, I believe there is no
issue, in that case LMS will play WMA files out of the box.  If your LMS
runs on Linux, you will need to enable the "Play Windows Media" (aka
PlayWMA) plugin on the Logitech Media Server.  PlayWMA has some
dependencies (i.e. mplayer, ffmpeg, lame) this might need to be
installed on the LMS box.  For example, I have LMS running on a certain
R-Pi 4 that was built using the Max2Play image.  So I had to manually
install these dependencies.  I had some trouble doing it as I am no
Linux wizard.  (I had some issues with this particular R-Pi 4 as the
image I had installed on it was a beta at the time and I had never
updated it.  Once I did, then it all worked.)  I'm just saying and
anticipating that someone might have some difficulty.

So, SLX will also include the older version of squeezelite-win and there
will be an option to use it if you have difficulty getting PlayWMA to
work.  You will be able to enable WMA support in squeezelite-win (via
the older version) by going into the "Debug/Experimental" of settings
(Ctrl-Shift-D) and enabling the option called "Legacy WMA Support".

Right now, I'm just waiting for the next version of squeezelite-win to
come out (in the next few days according to Ralphy).  The newer version
includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions and is built with newer
PortAudio libraries that address some issues with WASAPI devices among
other things.  When that happens I will update SLX.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X