mherger wrote:
> > Sorry Michael I thought I indicated before.  The plugin is the new
> > version 4.4.4, and the helper was not installed before, and I did not
> > realize I needed a helper for a amd64 debian buster server.  So I
> went
> > ahead and installed what appears to be the closest helper based on
> the
> > description for aarch64 v0.30.2.  However, I still receive the same
>
> Nope, that's not the helper you need. Uninstall the AARCH64 plugin -
> it's for ARM based systems, not x86.
>
> But what is shown in Spotty's settings? Which helper is it using?
>
> --
>
> Michael

The wrong helper (aarch64) was only installed briefly in an effort to
try to get things working.  It is now removed.  The helper that is
installed is the automatically installed version and shown on the screen
as

/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty-x86_64
(v0.35.0)

BTW.  Thanks for helping on this especially since you have multiple help
requests going on simultaneously!