PasTim wrote:
> I utterly depend on Custom Browse, Custom Scan, MultiLibrary, Dynamic
> Playlist, SQL Playlist and Hide Menus.  I also use Database Query,
> Trackstat and Custom Clock Helper from time to time.
>
> Do I dare progress to LMS 8.0 or not?  I really don't want to find
> things get messed up and have to go back to 7.9.4.
>
> I really appreciate all Erland has done over the years, but I don't have
> the necessary skills to help to support them in the future - I wish I
> did.

As previously mentioned I haven’t used LMS 8.0 myself and I won’t be
able to help anyone personally until I’ve managed to get the time and
install 8.0 myself. I can’t give any indication when this will happen,
but it’s still on my todo list since I’m interested in the streaming
services integration which is new in 8.0.

>From what I’ve heard some people have manually installed at least some
of my plugins in 8.0 and said that they seems to work. People on this
forum is usually also good at helping people with problems. The only
issue I’m aware of is that some people have had issues with the refresh
options (startup+rescan) in TrackStat causing LMS to hang with 100% CPU
usage, but I think this was when upgrading to 7.9.3 or 7.9.4 so I don’t
know if it also might happen when upgrading to 8.0. It’s probably a good
idea to disable the refresh options in TrackStat before upgrading to
avoid issues with this.

However, if you don’t need the new functionality in 8.0 and really don’t
want to have to revert back to 7.9.4 if you get issues it might not be
worth the risk. I’d at least make sure to have a full backup of all
configuration and database files before upgrading to make it easier to

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)