gmonno wrote:
> Thanks Michael I use LMS in the simpler way : listen to music on the NAS
> + Spotty + weather forecast by SuperDateTime
> Will check the Docker option to see if I can use it just because I don't
> want another jalopy to mantain  :)
>
> ....mmmm....after reading the LMS-Docker thread think I'll go for the
> PI4 route
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111828-Official-docker-container-for-LMS/page25
>
> Anyway...I don't like the idea of spending money just because Synology
> deprecate LMS, it's a kind of unfair.
> I was happy with my NAS and want to be happy more years, without
> mentioning my five SB Touch.
> Sorry my relief

I remember after initial struggle with docker LMS I had good result . I
sill have it set up (but inactive atm) and can find out which version /
image /settings I used if anyone is interested.
I do agree docker isn't as flexible as RPi solution but for basic LMS
with "main" plugins ( Spotty , youtube , MIA etc) it was working just
fine..  Main downside was LMS updates if I remember correctly.. (saying
that I remember years ago I was never updating and everything was solid
hmm )
I'm not sure yet if I'm happy to spend money for RPi 4 dedicated purely
as LMS device.. probably might have a go at docker first, once my
synology gets DSM7

3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media
Server Version: 8.0.0 with Material Skin