Jaca wrote:
> For those who can run docker and don't want to buy another device for
> LMS : I have successfully "migrated" to docker on my Synology  and it
> was actually easy.
> I believe there are some limitations with Music IP or some old plugins
> but I don't use it myself.... I'm on rather rather simple setup: Spotty,
> Youtube, MIA, What was that tune, Group players plugins..
>
> I'm running "official" Michael's image (lmscommunity:latest)..  and only
> difficulty I came across was mapping music source to multiple shared
> folders on NAS.. (Had to create symlink on source shared folder pointing
> to another one ).
> Other then that its not that difficult. there was some work with
> tweaking playlists as paths changed but that would also possibly apply
> to RPi migration.
>
> I can provide step by step guide if anyone  is interested.
> tip: if you wanna try yourself, you need to stop existing pinkdot
> package first and use host network in docker settings. (otherwise LMS
> would run but without any players) so export/write down/
> settings/plugins etc. beforehand.

Hi,

first thanks to Martin for the work he made!

I upgraded my  DS712+ to an DS920+ on Black Friday.
First I was shocked that LMS ist not longer available in the Paket
Libary.
Then I was pleased that there is an alternative repository to install
it.

Now the next shock: LSM will not work under DSM 7.

Today I tried LMS on docker. It works fine on my synology.
The are many Containers with LMS.
This one:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver/
works fine.

1. Install Docker on your synology
2. Serch for lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver in the registy of Docker.
(I have tried other Dockerimages but this
one works best.)
3. Download lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
3. In the tab Image the progress is shown. If finished you can start it
from here.
4. Follow the assistant.
5. Have fun.

In the assistant under Volume  you have to map your Music volume (and
maybe orhers) to the docker image.
I use iTunes intergration so I mount the Folder containing the
ituneslibary.xml to /mnt.
Then you can select the .xml in the iTunes Tab of the Media Server.
Further the shairtunes2 Plungin vor Airplay works fine.

Greetings
mr.cracky