iPeng definitely works with the player 100% fixed volume and the plugin.
He made a specific change for that. The player menu itself won't work
and also I cannot use Squeezer on my Android either.  The web browser
should work though as I use that all the time.

Here is your problem:  The old receivers gave back an absolute level.
Your receiver is giving back a change. You cannot take a square root of
a negative number without going into imaginary numbers (we won't go
there).

Not sure if there is something you can do in the receiver to change
that. Otherwise you are going to have to change that area to create a
volume or perhaps find a document that uses a different API call. You
will need a volume that is not a delta change but a actual figure.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. Perhaps someone who has modified it for
your receiver or had a similar experience can help out.

Chris