PasTim wrote:
> I don't really understand how the Denon plugin works - trying to control
> 2 devices for the same playback seems 'unusual' to me.  Still, can you
> leave the volume variable in LMS for the avr and fix it at 100% in
> squeezelite with -U?

Thank you for your reply.

It is not my intention to control 2 devices for the same playback.

My raspberry pi with squeezelite is connected to the avr as audio source
and should always output the sound at 100% to the avr. Therefore I
forced the player volume to 100% in the player settings of LMS. This
step is also neccessary for the denon plugin to work, otherwise it does
not send volume changes to the avr, because it would lead to a "double
volume change" (squeezelite + avr).

With the described setup it is ensured that the denon plugin is the only
thing which controls the output volume. To change the volume I have to
"tell" the plugin what volume change I want to have. With the classic
web-ui this is possible via volume slider, because it is not greyed out.
So I am able to change the volume via slider and/or buttons and while
the squeezelite player itself is forced to 100% the plugin sees the
volume change in the web-ui and passes it to the denon receiver.

Unfortunately your suggested solution would not work for this problem,
because it is mandatory to fix the player volume at 100%, otherwise the
denon plugin does not work, to prevent the "double volume change". And
as I wrote before: Fixing the player volume at 100% leads to the greyed
out volume slider in Material web-ui which is my big issue here.