ralphy wrote:
> I trap on AAC_DEC_TRANSPORT_SYNC_ERROR as well but the newer fdk-aac
> decoder it's returning that error for this issue.  Perhaps it's trying
> harder to decode the errant stream? but that's just a guess.
I came across this -ffmpeg- ticket which suggests what correct handling
should be: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7331
Perhaps that is already happening. Or perhaps the ticket is wrong. I
have no knowledge.

ralphy wrote:
> With the patch I posted earlier ... the bad data is handled gracefully;
> radio/touch pops up an error message, stops and LMS logs;

Code:
--------------------
  >   > [21-01-23 13:04:44.2620] Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::statHandler (149)
Error: 00:04:20:XX:XX:XX: Decoder does not support file format, code 0

Which is true in this case, because you happen to have an MP3 stream. In
general, though, you might just be responding to random/corrupted data.
But, whatever, it is doing the right thing.

ralphy wrote:

> I have not pushed r16826 to the community firmware repository yet as I'd
> like to test it for a bit longer first.
Personally, I don't think I would be in too much of a hurry. It's always
good to allow matters to settle, and reflect on things. It's really good
that you were able to locate the source of the problem so quickly.