SlimChances wrote:
> I have Firmware: 8.0.1-r16824 on my Touch and I keep getting a prompt to
> update software on the player. I set software updates off in server
> setting but that didn't seem to stop the update notification.

What is the update notification asking you to "update" to ?

Could you set your "squeezebox.server" log setting to "info" on the
Touch, and report back the logged result. It may be helpful to set other
log settings to level "error" to silence the inevitable logging
chatter.

I believe that there may be a buglet in the "update needed" code. Your
log may help confirm that.