rkrug wrote:
> You can look into Homebridge [https://homebridge.io
> <https://homebridge.io/>] or HOOBS [https://hoobs.org] ( which is also
> only Homebridge in a more user friendly packaging). There are plugins
> for home bridge, and one triggers himekit actions based open an  alarm
> in LMS (although I think I remember that it does not work with a local
> LMS installation?). There is also another plugin (which I have slightly
> modified), which represents each player as a FAN, speed = volume
> [https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-squeezebox2
> <https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-squeezebox2>] . If you only
> want to bring LMS into HomeKit, home bridge / HOOBS is the easiest.
>
> Please let me know if you use the plugin - I need a bit more motivation
> (and contributors?) to continue working on it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

Hello Rainer, thank you for your reply.
I have used HomeBridge in the past. I used it because Tahoma did not
have HomeKit support. My experiences where not very good with HomeBridge
and in the end I stopped using it. It was quite unreliable with Tahoma.

I will have a look at your plugin. Do you have some more info on how it
works and how to configure it?

In the mean time I'm also exploring the following options (in regards to
the alarm triggering an automation):

1) if the LMS alarm routine could send an HTTP request then I could use
Pushcut to trigger an automation. I currently use a Pushcut notification
for my doorbell which works great.

2) reverse the situation: instead of using LMS alarms I could use a
HomeKit automation that would make an LMS player stream a radio or
playlist at a given time (the alarm time). The automation would then
also switch on the bedside lights.

The above need some more investigation though.

'Yamaha A-S3000'
(https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s3000/index.html)
(sliver) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
ReadyNAS NVX for storage
piCorePlayer on RPI 4B as LMS server
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad, Material Skin
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon