Ok, so I did a bit more digin...
There are possibly two ways we can interface LMS from Apple HomeKit:

1) It is possible to send SSH scripts from HomeKit automations. So if
there would be a way to have LMS command line interface available though
SSH then we have a solution. Anyone know if this is possible with LMS?

2) By using Pushcut it is possible to trigger an URL. So we could create
HTML pages that would telnet into LMS CLI. Unfortunately this is beyond
my skillset :-) Anyone know how to create such HTML pages?

Thank you

'Yamaha A-S3000'
(https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s3000/index.html)
(sliver) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
ReadyNAS NVX for storage
piCorePlayer on RPI 4B as LMS server
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad, Material Skin
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon