amcluesent;204996 Wrote:
> Just downloaded CustomBrowse 1.22.3 and cycled Slimserver.
>
> I'm used the downloaded 'Composers' menu, and have de-selected 'Play
> all songs in selected album'
>
> Now when I navigate / Composers  / Albums  / Songs I can see just the
> works by that composer on the CD, which can be just 1 of the tracks.
>
> The Play All Songs link looks like -
>
> h-ttp://127.0.0.1:9000/plugins/CustomBrowse/custombrowse_playall.html?player=00%3A04%3A20%3A07%3A41%3Acd&hierarchy=composers,artist,album&composers=&artist=755&album=1198
> h-ttp://127.0.0.1:9000/plugins/CustomBrowse/custombrowse_playall.html?player=00%3A04%3A20%3A07%3A41%3Acd&hierarchy=composers,artist,album&composers=&artist=577&album=1135
>
> However, this sends every track on the album to be played and redraws
> the screen with album artwork coming up at actual size rather than as
> set size thumbnail.
>
> However, if I end the navigattion at / Composers / Albums the Play All
> URL looks like
>
> h-ttp://127.0.0.1:9000/plugins/CustomBrowse/custombrowse_playall.html?player=00%3A04%3A20%3A07%3A41%3Acd&hierarchy=composers,artist&composers=&artist=568
>
> and clicking this does correctly plays just the track(s) from the shown
> album(s) credited to selected composer.The Play All button has the same
> function as the button beside the item
on the previous page.

So the play button beside an album in /Composer/Albums has the same
function as the "Play All" button in /Composer/Albums/Songs for that
composer.

This button currently plays the whole album, but I'm starting to feel
that this is a bad default. It is probably better if it would just play
the tracks on the album for the specified composer as you suggest. I'll
try to change the behavior and see if it has any side effects.

The Play All button in /Composer/Albums which you think works actually
doesn't, it's just luck that it seems to behave correctly, it will play
all songs for that "person" independent if the "person" is composer,
artist, band or conductor of a song.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))