Aesculus wrote:
> Must have missed that. Debug2.txt is what you asked for. Debug3.txt is
> an experiment where I set the QS delay to 10 seconds from 1 second.
>
> You will notice the QS volume is correct in Debug3.txt. So the answer
> appears to be that the logic (or slow processor) in my AVP waits until
> everything is stabilized before finishing it's startup sequence (ie
> setting the default volume). Giving it tons of extra time in the QS
> delay allowed the AVP to complete it's startup and then apply the QS.
>
> So basically it appears all works as designed. If I want the QS volume
> to work, I just need to use a longer delay.

That's exactly it! I just finished looking again at your previous log
files and came to that same conclusion. I got on here to ask you to try
increasing your QS delay value and see if that helped. I'm sure you can
get away with a delay less than 10 seconds and I suspect that you will
be experimenting to see what is the minimum value that works reliably.
Btw, what is the model number of your AVP? I assume that the AVP
designation means it is a tuner-preamp only, without an integrated amp.
Do you know what year it was manufactured? My AVR-3311ci dates from 2010
and it handles a 1-second QS delay reliably. However, I have it set for
2 seconds just to be safe. If yours works reliably at 2 seconds or even
3, I could easily increase the minimum QS delay enforced in the code. I
have found that small increases in the delay values are barely noticable
from an end user standpoint anyway. Let me know what you think. Have you
tried powering on your AVP through the client immediatly after
restarting LMS? Maybe you never noticed that the plugin would ignore the
first power on command after startup previously but it used to drive me
crazy before I saw what was happening in the code.  ;-)

Sam